Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Second Job

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Dom is still currently unemployed, and so I'm looking for a second job, I'm thinking about 10 hours a week. As I've said, I really want to pay off all debt in a year and I can't really do that if we aren't even making ends meet with food and housing.

I've never liked the idea of a second job even though so many people do it (my sister Sarah worked 2 full-time jobs one summer). I guess that I take after my dad in placing very high value on my free leisure time. I'm worried that I will be more stressed, exhausted, eat worse etc. But, I'll only do it until we are able to float without it. I'm headed to a clothing boutique and coffee shop today.

When I brought up the idea of getting a part-time job at my current full-time job, it was not good. Apparently management does not like you to have another job which I have a hard time understanding. I mean I get it that they want you refreshed, whatever. But, what about people with really consuming hobbies or families or the ones who stay up late partying every night? Is that any better?? We'll see how it goes I guess.

Wish me luck!

1 comments:

Kelli Nørgaard said...

Held og lykke!!! I think your goal of getting out of debt in a year is AWESOME !